Railway Station Holme. Holme Village c1910
Holme station was opened on 7th August 1850 as part of the Great Northern Railway. It served the community for over 100 years until it’s closure to passengers on the 6th April 1959, and was completely closed on the 31st October 1970 after being used for goods traffic only. By this time it was part of British Railways (Eastern Region). No trace of the station remains apart from a few lifted rails and sleepers in the goods yard. There is a signal box and level crossing.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.